Friday, March 29, 2013

Glogster

It is amazing how seemingly user friendly some sites seem but aren't.  When I first went to the website for Glogster I was amazed at all the possiblities the sight offered.  I had no trouble creating an account and finding an easy to follow templete.  I was able to navigate the site pretty well, but I encountered some trouble when I tried to upload a video from Brain Pop Jr.  I watched tutorial after tutorial that showed users simply using the copy and paste method that I love so very much, but alas, it wasn't to be for me.  I finally found a tutorial that showed a user using ctl+c to copy and ctl+v to paste into Glogster for YouTube videos.  I gave up on Brain Pop Jr. and found some cute but informative videos on YouTube.  I think Glogster is pretty cool, but I did find myself irritated at the slow response for typing in text boxes and uploading different types of media.  If anyone would like to watch the Brain Pop Jr. video that I couldn't link, its link is posted below.  Happy Easter everyone!

 http://www.brainpopjr.com/science/animals/classifyinganimals/

2 comments:

  1. Do you think the problem is with Glogster or with Glogster's connection with Brain Pop Jr? I had the same problem when I tried to uploaded a video from libertykids.com. Do you think it might be a copyright issue? It seems you can only upload videos from videos from your computer or youtube. This was an obstacle for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the explanation is somewhere along those lines.

    ReplyDelete