Thursday, March 28, 2013

Educational Software

With so much available technology today the question of relevance is often asked. I personally use educational apps in my ELA and Math small groups. The apps I use track progress and offer data for progress monitoring. I think like any other resource it must be used judiciously and purposefully. Technology is a tool and not a substitute teacher or a babysitter. My students have personal folders on my iPad and are required to turn in some form of assessment at the end of their time with the apps. An example of an effective assessment would be a listener's evaluation for ebooks. As technology expands, we must make a purposeful place in our instruction for expanded instruction or suffer the consequence of a wasted opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea and a great use of technology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. We need to make sure the apps target skills students need to practice. I really like your assessment method

    ReplyDelete